✨ #Mastodon 3.5.2 is out now, with bug fixes and performance improvements!
Back in the office 4/5 days a week. I already miss the flexibility of being fully remote. This is definitely becoming a deciding factor around work for me
@aurynn wow! And ~350 "active" on NZ servers (i know of) is cool to see too
Lol the "big three" of NZ fedi
Random fediverse observation:
I seem to have found a whole bunch of fellow #aviation people here - pilots, fellow trainee pilots, people who just love planes.
Unexpected but very welcome!
Haha wow! It seems you people got your way! The ‘community’ timeline is now available in the official #Mastodon app, at least for iOS!
It's probably time I did an #introduction.
I'm Dan, currently in Auckland trying to grind my way out of the city life
I'm a Site Reliability Engineer for work, Pilot for hobby and a solo dad. I have a cockatiel Probably drink way too much #coffee as well.
I started mastodon.nz in Jan 2020 to see what it was all about, now here we are!
Since I can't find the cable or card reader for my camera, here's a low res screenshot of a #kingfisher that was hanging around today 😂 I'll get around to uploading a proper picture sometime this week..
Hello fellow masto admins! I've noticed an issue that prevents the alias page from rendering once you add an alias. I've had 2 people message me about this as they wanted to move instance and maintain an alias.
A quick fix is to just change the parameter back on the alias template, rebuild and reload mastodon-web.
New people, welcome to Mastodon and the Fediverse!
Here's how to get started:
2. Find out your Mastodon/Fediverse address so you can share it with friends (https://mstdn.social/@feditips/107248252715651564)
3. Invite people to join you on here by telling them to go to https://joinmastodon.org and click on "Get Started". It doesn't matter if they join a different server because the servers talk to each other (here's a bit more of an explanation https://mstdn.social/@feditips/107021461185874594)
4. Find out what the Fediverse is (https://mstdn.social/@feditips/107044096139091624)
5. Find out why Mastodon being on so many different servers/instances is a really good thing (https://mstdn.social/@feditips/107083735491993183)
6. If you see anything nasty, you can report it to your friendly server admin (https://mstdn.social/@feditips/106540152842368591)
7. You can (sort of) verify your account if you own a website (https://mstdn.social/@feditips/106274105538953001)
If you have any questions, @ me or DM me!
Dad, SysAdmin, SRE, Pilot
Admin on mastodon.nz, pixelfed.nz, peertube.nz and mtrx.nz
Interested in music, tech, aviation, amateur radio, nature, and photography
Support us here: https://ko-fi.com/idanoo
An NZ hosted Mastodon instance. For all Kiwis and aspiring New Zealanders! Monthly header image by @nui